We have had yet another jam packed weekend. Let me start by talking about Bib B's friend staying over Friday night to spend the night. The night before she calls to confirm plans to stay. I ask her if I needed to talk to her mom or anything to confirm things, she tells me no. So off the bus she comes and never calls her mom or dad or anything. All night goes by and no phone call from them and no call from her to them. Now, I have never met or even once seen in passing either parent. Could one have called to find out how my living arrangement was? Were we home smoking crack in front of everyone or beating the kids? The parents also knew they were swimming. Did anyone ask how deep the pool was or anything? Nope... so I had to make her do the laps to be sure she could swim before she was able to really go in the pool. So Saturday morning comes and the girl calls her dad to see when he is coming to get her. He tells her he has to work and I basically have to bring her home. What the heck? Do they have courtesy to even plan THAT out? The parents hate each other apparently and she stays with her dad on weekends. She was really embarrassed when we dropped her off as literally seven kids were sitting on this two person doorstep. Not one adult came out to see she was home, thank me, she my face, nothing. I was aggravated to say the least but I felt really super bad for her and her living situation.
So Saturday comes and we have a picnic with my dad and Trish and family and my brother. We swam all day and ate. I dropped half the fruit salad on the floor.(portable-its the way to go, my ass) I really hate water in my face and get hosed while I'm trying to relax, but I guess that is what I get for buying soakers at the dollar store and letting adults have them?
Today is Father's Day..happy father's day to any dad that may reading or anybody that has a dad that they want extend my wishes too... and I am especially sad for those who have lost their dad (I did not forget). For everyone though, try to have a good day. We are having Jamie's family over. I think his sister and family might come. I haven't seen her since before Aruba...and funny we used to be good friends and then her brother and hubby had a falling out. Since then, noone sees anyone. Oh well....






Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]