It is literally work and no play. My July 1 deadline for my work implementations is coming quickly and I am still loaded with work. I am working overtime and more overtime to get my work done, but it is still not done. I need to take care of myself a little too before this deadline. I need a waxing and a toner in the hair. Can I fit it in? I'm hopeful for July 1, but this next week and a half will be hell I tell ya. On a good note, I am on vacation as of July 8th for a week. That week is the Nickelback/Daughtry concert. I think we may do a lil trip and hit Busch Gardens, we talked about that last night, but we really only have a day to do that with the drive, so it is up in the air. We also have our Pirate surprise party for that week, so it will be fun to just not be working like I have been for sure.
Today the girls both graduate from elementary school. Big B is heading off to middle school and lil B is graduating from kindergarten. So today is a day of crying. I am sad. I feel old. I can't really feel happy this stage of the game is over. Lil B says I need a baby to make me feel better. Does that make things better? She is the baby and they all get big is what I told her and eventually the baby will get big and I will be sad and feel old. Big B has some attitude like school is over already and she is in summer mode. I really hope I can keep a good handle on her BEFORE the middle school stuff hits. She is such a great girl but sometimes she tends to not listen and pour on the drama a bit. It may be a rough summer for her with me if she doesn't want to listen.
What else have I been doing? Oh yeah I have been working out here and there. Nothing great but I feel like it is making a little difference. I have been doing some pool aerobics in which I made fun of my sister for in Aruba. It works. I have also been doing the kids irish step exercises with them. I cannot believe they expect 300 crunches out of my oldest a day and 100 out of the little one. I have to stop at 100! I understand why as far as dancing goes they want the core strong, but I think it is going to be a work in progress. I guess some of the older girls do 1,000 daily. HOLY! Now as far as the actual dance steps that build stamina exercises we are doing, um, yeah I keep hurting myself. It is hard to kick my butt with my leg over and over and I know it is an easy target. Our newest thing is dancing around the house to my Cd made for me in Aruba. It has techno on it and some arubian music. It counts as exercise right? I don't know what my kids think of me actually knowing a techno dance yet but, well, I just never forgot it once I was taught it...and now they know it. It is fun anyway to jump around like weird people yet call it exercise or dance!
Happy Hump Day, and really, get humped!






Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]