As some of my friends would say, I am much more busy in my work day, but I have to settle in. This week I have moved into my new desk, have my full staff of 17, coordinated my staff into three different trainings, and learned some new system Training myself. In this week, I also managed to make it into work without getting gunned down by the rifle man. Oh and I landed on my face in front of my staff due to my three inch high shoes.I found out I will be traveling the thruway to Buffalo alot too.
The things I like best so far, is that I think I am building a great respect with most of my staff. They are seeing that I can get in and ask good questions and build processes without necessarily knowing how to perform the functions they do.
The thing I don't like is that I have had to build some trust and respect and will have to continue. I think I have gained my respect back from my boss, which is a great thing, but I feel I had to prove it. I don't like that there isn't a manual for you handle every situation. I don't like when staff cry in my office or when Training tries to tell me what to do with my staff. Oh, and I am not fond of one of my peers. He seems to have extra time to worry about my Team and give a play by play to my boss for some reason. I am not one who has time for pettiness like that. I am not going to like performance managing either. I have to manage my team lead on Monday due to a rumor that she was talking bad about me. (which got to my boss not through me, but others who have time for this nonsense and honestly I can't confirm it, yet I have to performance manage her). Why isn't there a handbook on this type of thing? How will I do it diplomatically? I suppose I will tell her that we have to work as a team and question if she has any concerns she has about me that I need to know about. So frustrating if the rumor is true and so frustrating if it isn't. Oh well,if any management person has a suggestion on how to do this, let me know... but enough about work.
It is Saturday and beautiful out. We went to out eat last night minus our oldest, and then putt putting. I made a hole in one. It happened by pure luck, by the way. I may be skilled with a stick and balls, but not actual golfing. Today we are going to try to hit a pumpkin farm, although Big B is sick, so we will see. We have normal errands to run. Bank, post office, pay off a gymboree bill... those types of things.
Life is busy, and too short. I am learning to appreciate the relationships that have hung in and I am starting to feel better about who I am. I am making better choices about my surroundings. Some of that isn't easy but I think that I am realizing that some feelings have just been harbored and there for a long time that I need to be ok with. It is also ok if someone doesn't have time to do things. I know in my day, life is busy and it can't happen all the time. I am learning that it is ok to tell people when I miss them. I never thought loving people would be overwhelming but sometimes it is for others. Those are the ones I have to distance myself from and focus more on the people that do want to know me for me and like what I have to offer. I am me. I have changed in many ways, but I will always hold true to some of my foundation. I believe that some of my emotion side roots from my mom as she was the same way. So funny as she is gone, the more I see some of the struggles she had.I miss her.
Big B had to write a paper for ELA class the other day about her "worse day ever". We talk all the time about my mom but it was interesting to see how she recalled the day. I guess we all will hold that day as the "worse day ever forever", mom would always say when things were bad that we should be thankful because life could be much worse but on that and thereafter, mom, nothing has been worse...
Here is what Big B wrote:
The Worst Day I Ever Had!
The worst day I ever had was when my grandma passed away. She passed away on December 12, 2006.
Earlier that day at school, before I knew what had happened, I was already stressed about the fact that I couldn’t solve the math problem on the board. Everyone else was done and I couldn’t solve the problem, so I asked the teacher for help. I went to my friend Shawnette’s house because her mom watched my sister and I after school. When my mom picked us up, she looked like she had been crying, so I asked her what was wrong. On our way out the door to the car, she gave me the bad news that my grandma had passed away. I cried for a long time, for maybe five hours.
I felt like a piece of me was missing for a really long time but my mom taught me a lot of different ways to keep her spirit alive. I really miss her. She was very close to me and I felt like every thing had changed.
I still think of her and dial her phone number when I’m trying to call my friends, but I will NEVER forget her. My family has pictures of her everywhere so I will never forget what she looks like.
I love my grandma, but that was the worst day ever!
I thought you where banned from 3in heels. Glad to hear the job is going good. Miss you, can't wait till the 13th. Oh yeah and the name, it was the first thing that came to me. Love ya =)






Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]