Quality Time
Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I had the opportunity to spend some time with my gram tonight. I haven't been the best with giving her the time she deserves, so since spring time arrived, I have tried to make more of an effort to call and stop by to see her. I have found the time to be quite amusing and well spent time long overdue.
I have found she likes to have me around on the weekends when no one is around, but since my life doesn't always fit that for her, I think she is coming around to maybe accept what I can offer her.
She was so cute today. I picked her up and she was all set to go get sangwiches with me. On a funny note, we are kind of similar in this one way. She always wears lipstick when she goes out. I myself cannot go out of the house without it either. I have to tell ya, she looks great with her lipstick. She has always really worked hard and taken care of herself. So off we go to get some dinner. We head to a local shop for the two sangwich deal. She lets them all know this is my first time at the joint. We get our roast pork and pastrami deals wrapped to go. As we leave, there are five pennies under the picnic table. She sets her oxygen down and asks me to bend down and get each one of them for good luck. OK, with a line of people at the ice cream stand right next to us, I could still stand some luck, so I get them. We then head over to the dollar store for some hand soap and spray paint and doesn't she find one more penny? She asks me to get this one for her to save.
We then get back to her house, Lincare comes for their weekly trip and the ordeal she has to do for that, we eat and enjoy our meals.
We hung out on the couch for awhile and just talked. She shared some things about her past that I may have only heard bits and pieces of before that helped me with a situation I am going through. As old fashion and set in her ways as she is in alot of ways, she has such a forgiving, loving, big heart.
I enjoyed my time. I was actually sad to have to go. She made me some yummy chocolate chip cookies to bring home and of course gave me Parmesan cheese. I am hoping I can make more time over to see her. I like just my time with her.
As I came home, I saw a rainbow. I felt my mom may be watching down on me today giving me some much needed support. Jamie always said if you go through the day and make one person smile in the day, or can do one good thing to brighten someone else's day- you can have an enriched life by sharing yourself through someone else if even for one second. I try to live by it. Today was a good example of it. My gram deserves way more than I can give back, and I love her.
Cheers to a good day!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page






I'm just me, your average person who has lots of opinions and random thoughts.

  • My Profile
  • Email Me
  • Home



  • Common Grounds
  • Getting Back Into Things
  • Do You Believe Everything You Read?
  • I've been Slackin'
  • Slow Down Killer!
  • Happy Birthday
  • It's a Cover!
  • For Shits and Giggles
  • I Can't Move
  • Happy Keester!







  • Just Julie
  • Trish's Good Times
  • Laurie in Denver
  • Bill Herb




  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from traciestanton. Make your own badge here.



  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Image from: Inmagine
  • Design by: Jax Design Studios

  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]