For Shits and Giggles
Thursday, April 03, 2008

So I tried Level 2 workout of the "20 LB shred". Um, yeah. I don't know what the plank like jump things were but my leg muscles burned in a way I never thought was possible. I am pretty creative with my body, but Jillian has me beat. I think at one point, I finally took her up on the "5 second rest" and fell flat on my face, then didn't think my legs would lift me up again.
Anyone who knows me from way back when knows I set records in high school for weight lifting and was a die hard work out girl. I had some inspirational help (although I am unsure leaving weights on me and then walking in the other room was the best approach-but it worked)I am a fan of working out. I feel great when I do it, and I am a bit psycho about it. I really love it. What my issue is now is that I am old, and it is harder now. It is harder to find the time and motivation. I still care as much about the results, but I think the results I want now, I am looking for tomorrow and that is not going to happen at this stage in my life. I am going for slow and steady. My husband thinks I am just nuts and going to hurt myself. (by the way-I am only running when he sees me). My goal is to be slimmer, have leaner muscle and healthier. I am trying to eat healthy and count calories instead of my crazy diets. I actually have to admit that Trish may have convinced me of that. I hate counting anything especially what goes in my mouth. I am doing well though and that is what matters. Let's see if I can still be writing about this in another month!
Onto another topic- Big B slammed her finger in the silverware drawer today. She comes running over holding her finger with tears pouring down her face. What do I do? Laugh. I can't help it. I always laugh when someone gets hurt. Natural reaction but so very cold indeed, I know. She was so angry at me. I tried to apologize but how do you say sorry when you just laughed at someone who got hurt? I guess I take after my mom there. I remember her telling me the story of my dad trying to fix something and his hands getting pinched in between the window panes and here he is bleeding and she is rolling on the floor laughing and can't help him. This is soooo me. I actually did it to her once. For my wedding shower, I was stuffing boxes in the back seat of my car and she was social butterflying by the car door when I slammed the door hard.... hmmmm...door didn't shut, boxes must be holding it open, so I slam it again only to hear my mom finally scream out my name. When I turned to hear her, I relieved the door a bit so she could release HER FINGERS as I had been assuming the door wouldn't shut due to boxes, but it was clearly her fingers stuck in the hinge of the door. I didn't slam it once but twice. So, now she is standing there holding her indented purple fingers with tears streaming down her face and I can do nothing but roll with laughter. What a good sport she was! What could she do? I learned from the best right? Boy did I feel bad! I was able to share with Big B the stories today though so mom was in our mind.
Well, I am off to run. No Jillian for me tonight. Aren't you all impressed? I have even blogged a few times lately! On that note-someone else is on warning. 30 days or more without a blog and you are on warning..... people who make those rules should follow them, shouldn't they?
Blog, you are it!






1 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said:

BAM!

http://billherb.blogspot.com/2008/04/old-job-new-job-no-job.html

How ya like me now?! BOO YAA!

7:54 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page






I'm just me, your average person who has lots of opinions and random thoughts.

  • My Profile
  • Email Me
  • Home



  • I Can't Move
  • Happy Keester!
  • G.N.O.
  • I'm Back!
  • Sun Shiny Days Here I Come
  • Happy 55th!
  • Happy 2008!
  • Daughtry has hit the 'Cuse!
  • "To be or not to Be?''
  • Bringing in December with Red







  • Just Julie
  • Trish's Good Times
  • Laurie in Denver
  • Bill Herb




  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from traciestanton. Make your own badge here.



  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Image from: Inmagine
  • Design by: Jax Design Studios

  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]