Happy 55th!
Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tomorrow is mom's what should be 55th birthday. It has been a very busy week for me work wise so I have been preoccupied, however mom has been pressing on the mind. I am currently supervising my staff and another unit as well while that supervisor was out as her mom was sick with cancer. Her mom died this week and as we were trying to pick flowers for the funeral to send as a group, I had to walk away as I began to cry in the quad area almost. Picking flowers for the wake and thinking back to that is all still very fresh and in my mind. I can remember details I don't want to about the funeral home and things people said and did. I want to go and drop off flowers however my youngest has croup and I have to work home so not sure if I will be able to do so. I am going to try to though. My mom was the one person who always made a big deal about birthdays regardless of how anyone was. She always sent a card, sang happy birthday and did something nice for everyone for their birthday. It is weird how my birthday hasn't ever been the same since she was gone. I have to say I do not get red carpet tratment often for my birthday these days.
Our weekend is so very busy this weekend. I have to take a second and brag about my eleven year old American Idol star in my house. She is awesome. She made all county chorus and it is her concert competition this weekend. So Friday and Saturday night will consist of that. Oh and we are going to High School Musical ice show.
Next week we leave for Florida. The weather there is scheduled to be 78 degrees. I cannot wait. I want a vacation and time to just chill out. We are going to see Cirque de Soleil. I hope it is worth the $400.00 -which I am thinking so in Disney. We also are taking the kids to see the Hannah Montana 3D movie ther (which is a surprise to them shhhhh)-since I am not spending thousands on real concert tickets for her. Total rip off I must say.... oh and we are doing the pirate princess party again and Cinderella dinner and Busch Gardens-ought to be fun.
I have been watching American Idol this season and I am not impressed. Nothing since Daughtry. (am I bias?)
Well, I must go. I just finished working a few minutes ago and it is 10:35 PM and I am whipped! I need some sleep to gear up for tomorrow's adventures.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page






I'm just me, your average person who has lots of opinions and random thoughts.

  • My Profile
  • Email Me
  • Home



  • Happy 2008!
  • Daughtry has hit the 'Cuse!
  • "To be or not to Be?''
  • Bringing in December with Red
  • What is Going on With me?
  • My Holiday
  • Happy 6th Lil B
  • Feis Madness
  • Totally Whipped
  • Family and Holidays







  • Just Julie
  • Trish's Good Times
  • Laurie in Denver
  • Bill Herb




  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from traciestanton. Make your own badge here.



  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Image from: Inmagine
  • Design by: Jax Design Studios

  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]