So I haven't been faithful to blogging so regularly. I am going to try though. Maybe I can get some things off my chest that have been on my mind lately.
This time of year is so very tough for me. I don't know if it should get easier but it doesn't. This year mom will be gone two years and it is creeping right around the corner. Dec. 12th to be exact. I think that there are so many things to appreciate in my life but nothing that can take away from what I have lost.
I made it through Thanksgiving. I decided I am good at cooking. I struggled with it for ahile, but I am actually much better at it. I may even get John to agree with me here....I made an awesome dinner for dad and our family, and even though I didn't get to see my gram or aunt as I intended as they so needed to do chores- I had an ok day. Dad was forever gracious of the moist turkey and my comfy couch to nap on. My new tradition? I will have to kind of make one up here. Having a nap! That is one I will try to have traditionally each year moving forward. We did talk about eating out at some point too for the holiday maybe. That would be fun...getting dressed up and going out.
So... Black Friday was a success too. Big B and I woke up at 3:30 AM and did a majority of our shopping. So exicting... and we were home before 10:00.
What else is going on with me? Nothing great that I can discuss. Today was about difficult decisions. They were about unselfish decisions too. I used to believe I was this mentor or good listener -person that someone counted on or came to and trusted.... not so much these days.
My new hire is on a final written notice. She pretty much is ready to resign but hasn't formally resigned. She is basically spilled her entire life story-her cancer, pregnancy,, dead beat boyfriend-you name it-she has it. So she tells me she doesn't want to quit but basically doesn't have a choice but have to move back to Rochester. I ask her when her last day is... and she tells me she was looking for my guidance not asking to quit. Well-what the hell? Did she think I was going to offer her my home? A car? Money? She wants us to give her a transfer to another location when she is on a final notice for attendance and has no skill set due to being in training. Is she kidding?
OK-enough about that.
Parent teacher conference went well today. I was told Lil B is a just a lil' lover, wears her heart on her sleeve and is very warm and energetic and when she is corrected on something-she tries her hardest to correct it and not make the same mistake again. Gosh, glad I did something right. I will take full responsibility for her mannerisms...all of them!
Well wish I could blog more borings for you all (my one or two readers) BUT I have to pooty.... and that doesn't happen often..so have to go.
I know-too much info, but in my eyes you have been spared so much lately-you can handle it-all you all take a shit once and awhile yourselves!






Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]