This weekend was exciting for the girls. My oldest who had quit dancing briefly in September and recently resumed taking lessons, took two first place ranks- one in her reel and one in her jig. She placed first out of 21 girls. That was a great comeback and helped boost her self esteem, for sure. She now advances to novice level as well. Next step, hopefully she will begin to compete in her hard shoe dances. My little one took two second place ranks- one in her jig and one in her slip jig. Pretty nice for her as she has never competed in the slip jig. This will mean for her that all dances are at novice level and she can now begin hard shoe lessons. Great job for both of them. It meant buying another dress for us for Big B-but well worth it for her confidence and accomplishments. Maybe my weeks will be less hectic for awhile as far as dance goes? Um, they are still dancing three nights a week. UGH....
We went and saw a cute movie this weekend... Game Plan. It was cute with a repeated concept of the a little girl that the dad didn't know about getting dropped at the doorstep. The movie and Red Lobster was how the girls and I celebrated their accomplishments.
Today we have to clean my car and grocery shop. I think it might be going in for repairs long over due this week, so I thought I would clean it up a bit.
Next week is a crazy work week. I am interviewing for new positions in my unit, and meetings gallore. I am a little more settled in the job however. I feeling more at ease and comfortable with what I do. I think the formal apology from my boss for feeding into rumor and being incorrect about me helped me to feel more ok.
My daughter's birthday is coming up and Thanksgiving. I am cooking now for Thanksgiving and so I need to figure out how to cook a whole turkey. Oh well, I like to cook, so I think I may have some success in it.That brings me to Black Friday. MY new favorite thing. I can't believe it is time to start shopping already for Christmas!






Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]