Last night my daughters and a school friend were in the house hanging out. I was out in the garage bitching about something to Jamie. He asked me to jump on the golf cart to run across the street to drop off a motorcycle seat with him to the neighbor's house for a quick second...so off we go.
As I am standing there, Jamie is handed a beer and the neighbor proceed to show off his bike while the wife shows me the yard. We were standing there long enough to finish the beer and for the bugs to come out. I realized we had no phones with us and I ought to call home to tell the kids we were across the street. I called from the neighbor's phone and no answer. Of course, the kids have no reason to answer the phone when they don't recognize a phone number as I have taught them this well. So, a few more minutes go by and I tell Jamie we better get going in case the kids are getting worried. Now, usually the kids do not acknowledge our being for hours with a friend over, but hey- they could miss us right?
Well, we zip across the road to see both girls and friends on the porch. Big B in complete hysterics crying and lil B in frenzy. Big B totally yells and screams at us wondering where we were, stating she thought someone had come and kidnapped us. She had called my sister and Jamie's mom to come to the house in our disappearance. (both of which were in route at this point to our house) She had called the friend's mom as well.
We frantically call the friend's mom who truly was not too concerned. She thought we were in the yard somewhere getting some "free time". My poor sister and Jamie's mom and the girls however had the CSI crime scene plotted out. My sister thought I was in a ditch murdered, while Jamie's mom thought we were out off road driving the golf cart and dumped into a ditch and died. Bren was asking " is this the last time I am going to see my mom?" while the three girls used the cell phone as a flash light as they hunted the yard for our remains.
What drama! As much as I wanted to laugh at my stupidity for the short time and series of events in the time I was gone, I realized we had really scared the entire family. Because we are all safe, it is kind of funny. I do feel bad that Trish ran over and I interrupted her sleep, while Jamie's mom took off with live wires needing attention at camp. The girls were so very worried and I made poor Big B make adult decisions for a minute.
So if you are reading Trish, thanks for coming to my rescue. Those woods would not have been fun to search for me in! It probably doesn't hurt to watch CSI? Stranger things have happened!
What am I going to do with you 2!!!






Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]