Friday the 13th has always been one of those days where I have been always afraid to do anything that is is worth something because, well you know, it is Friday the 13th. I would never fly on this day, or buy a car or any strange thing like that. This one though, I thought, I would just put that thought process aside. I didn't have any big purchases to make, my investments lately have been with my heart anyhow and finding me so what do I have to lose in just having it be your typical day. Could this type of "black cat day" actually open your eyes in saying that maybe it is the choices you make on a day and not necessarily the day itself that is the bad luck? That is my mind set now. That brings me to my random why questions...just because.
Why does it take a whole entire Saturday to clean the house?
Why do the kids leave the empty boxes in the cupboard so that when I want a poptart, I am simply teased by the empty box?
Why do guys pretend to make everything ok by pulling out their dick instead of dealing with the issues at hand? (Ha, I made myself laugh, that is their only issue)
Why can't a disposable razor work for more than 3 shaves?
Why can't my kids just do what they are asked the first or second time even?
Who doesn't know rolling their eyes is disrespectful?
Why does the coffee lady feel the need to put her nose in and sniff our coffees in our cups before handing them to us?
Why can't crab legs be easier to eat so I can consume twice as much?
I have such random thoughts today. I feel rather old lately. I don't know if it is that I am just starting to discover what my life is about at 34 or what. I guess I have consumed myself I think in my kids and responsibilities and it is hard to figure out I am outside of mommy sometimes. Or is it because I just figured out the LOL has been replaced with LMAO (which I had to look up to figure out what it meant) Or is it because I tried to rock out to RUSH in the car and when I told Big B that I was listening to this group and the name, she goes is that in like "rush out of the room as quickly as possible" Or is it because when I do jam out to my songs I love on the radio, I get perplexed looks from my girls? I missed the new Avril Lavigne song completely as it hit #1 on 93Q. That is sooo unlike me, to not even get the name and know the song before it is voting top song. Or is it because I am buying obnoxious trendy shoes to feel like I am still hip.
I swear I am going to be one of those moms that is cool and down to earth, but lately I just feel old.
We went to see "Are We Done Yet? " It was cute, I guess but very extremely unreal to related to after awhile. I did get some crab at Red Lobster, it is my all time favorite. I had quality time with the girls. Tonight we are going to make cookies or cake and Trish is coming over tomorrow. Now we are heading out for quality grocery shopping together, fun!
Oh, and hats off to my sister who is official on blog now. I am glad. She can entertain me and I can keep in touch with the dailies when we can't keep in touch on the phone as much as we would like.






Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]