My little one I like to call our tougher one, and today she is determined. I say this because whenever my oldest daughter does anything that might remotely hurt even if it actually does not hurt, she falls out on the floor in hysterics to let everyone know something happened. We at this point do not even know the truth between if she is really hurt or not due to the drama roll. My youngest on the other hand can slam into the wall, get up and keep going without a tear. Today holds true to her toughness I guess. Although I did not witness this, it looks kind of gross and bloody.
Apparently, this morning she climbed onto the table into a standing position for daddy to put on her shoes. (side note: why would one climb the table to stand on it to then have to lift her put to get her shoes on?...ok she is my daughter and yes, as me, she will have to learn the hard way). She then goes to jump onto the chair which slides out from underneath her and lands directly on top of the trophy which happens to be by the kitchen table (why? she uses the trophies to talk to each other like peoples and plays with them), it pokes into her foot and leaves a gaping wound on the bottom of her foot. The funnier part of the story (to me anyway) is that the trophy was for golf. OK, my husband races but got one trophy for some drunken fest with a bunch of family and she lands on one trophy that could injure her. It looks gross. I guess she cried a bit and went on with her day. Now I know it hurts her because she is limping on it. Not on purpose but really limping when she gets off the bus. My older one would have needed crutches and surgery (I say that jokingly because I love her to death).
She is determined though she is going to get past this injury. She has to compete in her feis in two weeks. She has to dance tomorrow night. She has been crying all night about how she is trying to walk on it and can't as hard as she tries. She is even trying to do her reel on the side of her foot. Now, it should heal in a few days but she wants gone now. She cracks me up. Every so often, she will look at it and start crying out of the blue. Tough? Sure -Determined-definitely. Cute? As hell.
One more thought, I do even like to mention his name, but if Sanjaya is still on American Idol today and my hottie ta ta, Chris, goes home, I am not going to be pleased. WTF? Please America, do the right thing and serve your country.... vote him the hell off!






Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]