Thank You For the Freakin Snow Day
Monday, April 16, 2007

The kids are thrilled they are extended one more day of spring break from school due to the yucky snow falling today. That means I am snowed in also for a work at home day. It is that snow that makes the big snowflakes. It is the snow that sticks to your car and is heavier than hell to brush off the car. It is also the snow that is good packing snow for snowballs. I have a snowball pegged for both my charming girls today. Do you think if I put a snowball in each of their mouths, they will stop fighting maybe for five seconds and enjoy each other? I don’t even think THAT would fix things.My oldest lovely beauty has been royal big mouth all day. God forbid her sister look at her, touch her things or want to be in the same room as her. She wants to chat on the phone all day with her friends. She has used both cordless phones until they are totally dead and uncharged. I can’t use the phone at all now. Lovely. My youngest lovely beauty is usually fine when I work home. She can find things to do to play on her own or sit by me while I work. While her sister is home, her mission is to aggravate her sister as much as humanly possible. I swear I think both my girls just get mere joy in making the other yell. So how much work you think I can actually get done today? You guess right! I love my kids, I really do. It is just when you need to have the time to get something done is the time they take advantage, don’t they?
I really had all intents of starting to be strict on diet again today. The pool will be opening in May, I think, if the snow is melted. The snow outside motivated me to pull out that delicious garlic mac n cheese that I made last night and eat the remaining bowl of it…LA Weight Loss would not be pleased. How can I resist this stuff? It sounds weird when I explain how it is made but when it all comes together it is awesome. It is made with no butter or milk, yet is so creamy and cheesy. You take some a garlic clove, peel it and cut it into chunks and sautee until soft but not brown in olive oil. You then add that oil/garlic mix immediately to the pound of macaroni (ziti or penne works best actually) that you have already pre cooked. You mix in a container of cottage cheese and shred some swiss cheese and cheddar and mozzarella cheese, put in a pam greased casserole dish and cover with provolone slices of cheese. Cook at 350 degrees and Voila, the bomb! I just keep eating it and eating it. Maybe I will commit to running so I don’t have to stop eating good stuff (meaning NOT good for you stuff). Yeah let’s try that. I will try treadmill time 20 mins a day again for me, starting today. Shit, does dusting off the treadmill count for my first day of use? It’ll probably take my allotted running time to clean the sucker off!I would feel better if I went to the mall and shopped maybe. I don’t need to do that but hey, every girl needs something.
My last mall incident annoyed me some. I am still annoyed. I can’t really define who I am most annoyed with. Anyone who knows me knows I am not good at writing down my money transactions the second that they occur. (ok yes my fault there) I am getting better at it though. So,in this instance since this mall incident happened on Good Friday, it only took me until Monday to log the appropriate debits. Let me recap… we headed to Libby Lu’s and spent gift cards and $40. Did I debit that or cash? Receipt indicates cash, cool. Next store, Disney store, two items, cash paid on receipt. Next store Limited Too. I spent $157.22 –I remembered the amount because that was actually really good for me to walk out spending that little there for both girls. I thought, well to be precise on the amount, let’s check the receipt. Shit, where is the receipt? Shit, did she give me a receipt? Did I lose it? I couldn’t have. It is Limited Two Buck Time and the bucks are stapled to the receipt and I would have had to put it nicely in my purse…..Dammit all, she never gave me the receipt. She gave me bonus cards for my purchase and damn it no receipt and furthermore no Limited Too Bucks. For those of you who shop there, that equates to $75.00 in free merchandise later. What am I to do? I call the store to explain my situation and they advise they can’t do anything since it is now Monday and too late to reprint the receipt. Freakin wonderful. Had I not been aggravated and had my girls not ripped the tags off everything to wear it then and now, I would have gone back to the store, made them refund me, then re-ring it exactly to be a pain to them, as this big inconvenience was to me. I had no time to get my ass back there or try to reattach tags and return items. Am I more aggravated at myself for not looking for the receipt at time of purchase or at them for not accommodating me more or for the girl not doing her job correctly behind the counter? Myself more likely, but it was either get the heck out of the store or deal with the melt down and drama there from the girls for not getting the other five things they wanted at the time. I picked my battle. I lost though, huge there. OK, so talking about it only made me more pissed at myself.
My sister introduced me to Netflick.com also. I can order movies, all I want via internet all month for one low price. That is pretty impressive to me. I am so excited I don’t have to go to any video store to get them or PPV them. I cannot wait to be a lazy ass and veg out on the couch and watch movies I have been dying to see! What is in store for my night?

Crash is expected home and between being sore and miserable from the 20 hour drive, I can’t expect much presence there, eh? I am cooking steaks for dinner –can’t wait-after I stuffed myself just not even an hour ago. I am thinking I may even start watching The Bachelor that I have said I would watch for two weeks now. Is it any good, entertaining at all for bitch fights, any romance?

Oh and I like the new community of reading in blogworld (thank you Laurie for somehow stumbling upon my blog possibly with the random search engine using the letters "BJ".) "Just Julie" rocks on also, and we share a couple things in common based on her last post. Hey, look it, now we all can't help but think about those two letters, can we? It is all in the technique!






5 Comments:
Blogger Trisha said:

hey it was blockbuster.com not netflixs anyways same thing..but I think the blockbuster is a little better. Still pretty cool though.

5:03 AM 


Blogger Cabana Boy said:

Trish has her own blog?? Let me at it! Ordering movies online is cool. REALLY cool would be the ability to order a Ben & Jerry's pint and have it delivered with the movie.

Ahhh, technique is the key.

5:44 AM 


Blogger Unknown said:

Hey Girls (T-n-T), I have a challenge for you. I think you guys should come up with some sort of a nifty title for each of your blogs. I have noticed that you both names that basically say "______'s Thoughts." Well I would hope that these are your thoughts and not blatant plagiarism. Maybe you guys should each come up with a cool title; a phrase or a saying or something like that. Why don't you both come up with 5 possible titles and your readers can vote?

2:16 PM 


Blogger Tracie said:

oh what what you saying I'm not cool? Hmmm, ok maybe I will do that... but I am sure they won't be any more interesting than the one I have now...let me sleep on it

2:58 PM 


Blogger Unknown said:

You're cool as the other side of the pillow, baby. I'm just thinking maybe you could come up with some "fresh" new title to increase your "readership" and get you more "hits." I'll throw out some suggestions: "CRY CRY CRY!", "Bill is the (Real) King of Blogs," "So's Your Face," or "Evolution is Total Bullshit!" Feel free to take one.

3:39 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page






I'm just me, your average person who has lots of opinions and random thoughts.

  • My Profile
  • Email Me
  • Home



  • Damn Snow
  • The Truth Be Told
  • Friday the 13th-and my weekend!
  • Good Times
  • Walking on a Spider Web- Randomly Thinking
  • What Comes Around Goes Around
  • Black Sheep
  • Happy Keester!!!
  • I'm Back
  • My Blog







  • Just Julie
  • Trish's Good Times
  • Laurie in Denver
  • Bill Herb




  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from traciestanton. Make your own badge here.



  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Image from: Inmagine
  • Design by: Jax Design Studios

  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]