I Have to Get Over It
Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sometimes the thoughts of the weirdest things can put me into a gagging fit. I will sometimes salivate and gag thinking of the strangest abnormal things that a normal person probably wouldn't even think twice about, I need to get over myself. Today was one of those days. Anyone who knows me knows, I hate my belly button to be touched or even looking at someone touching the belly button area gags me. It freaks me out. It puts me into the puke feeling, and I don't know why. Ironically though, my belly is pierced. I got through that experience sweating like crazy. I have to change my belly ring and that drives me insane because I have to touch it. You would think that since I have had my belly pierced for almost five years that I would be over the gag thing, apparently not.
I have a hoop in right now and somehow noticed that I needed to actually clean my belly button. That is a chore as this requires more than just being around the button area. I have to actually put a Q tip in the area. UGH. So, this is what I finished doing a few minutes ago, gagging the entire time and now I am still salivating. What the hell? I need to get over it. I know, to some it is sensual. To me, I can't stand it. My oldest is laughing in a fit of joy ramming her finger into her belly button to watch me squirm, nice huh? Not.
I also will gag when I see hair in the drain in the shower too. So gross. I can't stomach it. My daughter can't look at the veins around the wrist area. She freaks.
Now the things that should actually make me gag, I handle, with ease. What the heck?
Are there strange ones like me out there that just can't stomach the strangest things?






3 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said:

I am the same way about eyeballs. Anyone who touches it or anything touching mine: forget it. I think it might be because I've almost lost an eye like a dozen times, but I think it's just cuz it's squishy. I think it's the reason I don't eat grapes or cherries or olives or anything with an eyeball shape/consistency. There is a beer called Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball and I had to drink it with the label off.

2:31 PM 


Blogger Julie said:

I am the same as Bill. I have a huge problem with anything all eyeball related. I even have to take a sedative to go to the eye dr. Strangely, I wear contacts and that doesn't bother me.

If I ever was on Survivor, or some other show like it, and I had to eat eyeballs? I'd be on the first plane back home!!

10:22 AM 


Blogger Laurie said:

eh, we're all weird in our own special ways.

I had to laugh about your daughter though :)

10:27 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page






I'm just me, your average person who has lots of opinions and random thoughts.

  • My Profile
  • Email Me
  • Home



  • Determined and Tough
  • Bathroom Rush Hour
  • Thank You For the Freakin Snow Day
  • Damn Snow
  • The Truth Be Told
  • Friday the 13th-and my weekend!
  • Good Times
  • Walking on a Spider Web- Randomly Thinking
  • What Comes Around Goes Around
  • Black Sheep







  • Just Julie
  • Trish's Good Times
  • Laurie in Denver
  • Bill Herb




  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from traciestanton. Make your own badge here.



  • Powered by: Blogger
  • Image from: Inmagine
  • Design by: Jax Design Studios

  • Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]