My lil one has this new personality I can't identify with lately. Today I asked her to take a bath and she called me an "idi-an" , her way of saying "idiot" ... now who can I blame this talk on as noone in the house uses this word? I guess maybe the bus rides home? What the heck! Anyhow despite my efforts in stating this word is not nice, she continues to use it, but never directed at me... well, today it was directed at me. So, I was close to the tub and the soap, so I went for it towards her mouth. Harsh? Maybe but served the purpose that she was being disrespectful and it never really did reach into her mouth, just her lips....
Anyhow so she takes the punishment of the soap, we talk about how we don't disrespect like that and on we go to bathtime... about one minute in, she requests that I say sorry to her. I question as to why I must say sorry as she was the one with the naughty mouth. She then has a melt down and tells me "soap is not a good for you food." It is not a vegetable or a fruit and should not be eaten...also she is very sick, that her ear hurts and that she is blowing bubbles out her nose and now that she has eaten soap that this is how people get sick and then die..." I had all I could do but piss my pants laughing. I had to walk away from her to stay composed and come back to her to speak about her thoughts. I told her that in order to not have soap in her mouth, she must be respectful and that I was sorry she wasn't feeling well. She is so cute and yes, I did feel wicked bad for attempting the soap thing at all. For a few seconds I snapped into my mom and her punishment ways. I guess next time, I will be using the time out chair technique (again).... SIGH
just be grateful that she doesn't have a penis.
Soap is a fruit. At least mine is, it's mango mandarin. And if it was toxic, then my kids would be dead. ;) Luckily, I've only had to do it to 2 kids. And only one time each. They learned.
I've used soap with all my kids. Most of them got really really sick afterward, but only two of them ended up in the hospital because of it. So that's a pretty good ratio.






Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]